Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ciara : Magnolia Bakery


I have passed by this place several times but didn't dare to try anything because of the queue. One weekend we ate in Wafi Gourmet located across the bakery and we finally braved the crowd and bought some treats.


Magnolia Bakery was established sometime in 1996 in Greenwich City, NYC. What I love about it besides the classic deserts is the vintage-y feel of the place. Everything is in pastel colors! You can even see the kitchen staff decorating the baked goodies since they make them in small batches to keep them fresh throughout the day.


Unfortunately, for diet conscious people they do not have anything sugar-free but for those who have food restrictions like me -- they do serve cakes that do not contain nuts. 


Sorry I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures. I couldn't wait to sample our purchases : EQ fail. Here are the things that I have tried for my 3 visits and I'm definitely going back for more.
  • Red Velvet cupcake with Cream Cheese : This one takes the cake even if its a cupcake! The sweetness of the cupcake perfectly matched with the cream cheese icing.
  • Classic Ice Box Cake : The description was chocolate wafers layed with freshly whipped cream. But it was never the wafer that I expected. It was actually my friend's order during my second visit and it was so good that I ignored my blueberry cheese cake order.
  •  Blueberry Cheesecake : It looked very yummy but I guess one or at least I, can never have too many cheesecakes. The blueberries were too much that I had to have it wrapped and brought home. It took me 3 days to finish the slice.
  • Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Icing : A classic. I loved the cake itself but the icing was too thick, I had to remove some layers to appreciate it.


Cute packaging too!


Classic Ice Box



L-R : Caramel, Red Velvet and Snickers Ice Box Cheesecake


       
Magnolia Bakery is located in Bloomingdale's Dubai Mall (near the At the Top Burj Khalifa Entrance)
Photo credit : dubaichronicle.com

1 comment: