Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ciara : Smith's Rosebud Salve

My kissers are always chapped and for that reason I am a self confessed lip balm junkie. I have scoured the Internet for reviews and forums for the perfect one. I even went out of the way to purchase tubes of the much lauded Kiehl's and C. O. Bigelow which turned out to be disappointments :(



L-R : Lip Ice, Hello Kitty, C.O. Bigelow, Kiehl's, Smith's Salve, Blistex and Body Shop's Born Lippy

Needless to say, I was in pursuit of my lip-balm-for-life until  I stumbled upon Smith's Rosebud Salve. Technically it's not even a lip balm -- it's a multi-purpose salve that aids chapped and dry skin, diaper rashes and detergent burns. I've read good reviews and have spent a considerable amount of time to find a distributor here in the sandpit. To my surprise, a quaint make-up store nearby sells it. I made a mad dash to get my fix and what do you know, it works like a dream!



My latest discovery!

I love that the scent is not overpowering and the not too glossy finish. It is also reasonably priced at AED 30 for 0.5 fl oz  that may last for a quarter. I got the Rosebud flavor (a change for my strawberry addiction). I bought the one that came in a tube since I tend to create a mess with tin cans but I can hardly wait to try the other flavors as well! I guess I'll be putting my other stash aside for now.

Smith's Rosebud Salve is available at Make-Up Etc. Boutique
Address : Palm Strip Mall, Jumeirah Beach Road.
Tel no : +971 4 3455747 (they also deliver to your doorstep!)



2 comments:

  1. Ciara, u need a bf to kiss it to avoid the chaps.

    :Will - www.reviews-all.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL! Now I know why I have chapped lips forever :P Salamat sa tip Wilma! Haha!

    ReplyDelete