Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lena: HP7, The Last Straw =(


June of 1997, that's when it all started.
July of 2011, the last theatrical installment. The end.

An HP fan that I am. I can still remember the very first time I laid my eyes on JK Rowling's Philosopher's Stone Book. It's a very interesting book. Ate up all my nights, a certified page turner it is!

Remembering those nights when I cried over the death of Sirius and Albus, aaaah!, that would really plastered a huge smile on my face. The "so-attached" fan in me, haha! Those were the HP novel days. And I just knew it right there and then, that in a few years, this book will truly hit the big screen, big time!

Then rumors came on regarding its film adaptation. That was the time when I was reading or almost done reading The Goblet of Fire. I was really hoping for a very nice adaptation, one that is at par with the book. Something that would turn my novel imaginations to vivid pictures, real characters, and fascinating settings. And voila! The movie never failed me. It did give the novel justice. Kudos to 'em!

The moment Book 7 was released, when JK Rowling called it quits on Deathly Hallows, I just couldn't grasp the thought of the magical Hogwarts life coming to an end. A very saddening fact to the Potter fans. An inevitable truth. And now, a mere 4-year apart from the novel's adieu, the film will finally bid its last goodbye.

What's next?? That we don't know. But all that we have are the unforgettable recollections of how Harry Potter touched our lives in every magical way we can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment